Safari Ltd Dragon Hatchlings
Dragon hatchlings might be cute, but they’re not very cuddly, with claws and spikes beginning to develop right from birth. All dragons hatch from eggs, and although cloud dragons are fliers, their wings and long tails develop later.
- Scientific Name: Draco occidentalis
- Characteristics: This set is a pair of hungry baby cloud dragons, so their eggs have a silver, cloud-like color for camouflage. Cloud dragons nest in grey thunder clouds for protection.
- Size and Color: With dimpled eggs somewhat resembling golf balls, these silver and purple cloud dragons have the same sheen as their parents. The pair is two inches wide and high, about the size of a racket ball.
- The Dragon Hatchlings are part of the Dragons collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Being reptiles, all dragons lay eggs. They vary wildly in size, color, and shape, but all dragon eggs are adapted to their nesting sites. Because cloud dragons nest in the air, their eggs are cloud colored and very light, which means their babies are smaller and less developed when born. However, cloud dragons have almost no natural enemies, so the young are safe in their wispy nests.
The newborn dragon blinked its red eyes. All around him, thick, wet air swirled, while above, a bright orb filled the sky. He pushed, his shell cracking open completely, and pulled himself away from the thin, silver sphere he’d called home these last months. Another sphere, not yet broken, lay nearby, seeming to float in the air. It too suddenly shifted, a small crack appearing near the top. The thin, black line began to spread, and suddenly the top of the egg broke away completely, revealing the neck and head of a silver and purple dragon. The first hatchling snarled and snapped at its sister, toothless mouth chomping on air. With another effort, the second hatchling kicked away the remainder of its egg, cocked its head, and peered at its brother. Suddenly, the sun above was blocked out completed, and a whooshing sound filled the air. Mother had returned.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Size in cm: 6 L x 5 W x 5 H
- Size in inches: 2.36 L x 1.97 W x 1.97 H
- UPC: 609366101170
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh