Safari Ltd Emperor Penguin With Baby
Endemic to the cold and frigid tundra of Antarctica, the emperor penguin is the tallest and heaviest of all penguin species. Of course, this pudgy little penguin baby has a lot of growing to do before it’s as big and as colorful as its dad!
- Scientific Name: Aptenodytes forsteri
- Characteristics:Did you know that after the female emperor penguin lays her egg, the male cares for it while the female spends the next few months hunting? Learn more astounding facts with our amazingly life-like wildlife figurines!
- Size and Color:Standing 4.5 inches tall and 3 inches wide, this figurine is a touch larger than a deck of cards stood upright. Although mature emperor penguins have the iconic yellow and black head with a snowy white body, chicks are predominantly silver and lack the unique yellow coloration.
- The Emperor Penguin with Baby is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although baby emperor penguins are reliant on their parents shortly after their birth, they become fairly self-sufficient after only one to two months. In fact, young penguins will form a “crèche,” in which they all huddle together and provide one another both warmth and protection. They do this because both parents must go out and hunt in order to provide enough food for the whole family.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 L x 11.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.95 L x 4.53 H
- Scale: 1:7.8
- UPC: 095866267100
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh