Safari Ltd Ewe
Most commonly raised for wool, an ewe is a female sheep, a descendent of a wild mountain mouflon. Over 200 domestic breeds exist worldwide, having been selectively bred for millennia for size, hardiness, wool type, and flocking instincts, among other traits.
- Safari Ltd Model 246129
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8.4 x 3.6 x 7.1 cm
- Size in inches: 3.31 x 1.42 x 2.8 inches
Sheep and goats were among the earliest animals to be domesticated, following only dogs, which were most useful to hunter-gatherer humans. In fact, sheep have been domesticated so long, they are unable to return to a feral, or wild, state. Domestic sheep require human involvement for their survival. Like several other important early agricultural milestones, sheep domestication occurred in Mesopotamia, the fertile crescent, also known as the Cradle of Civilization. Wild sheep were fine candidates for domestication because they didn’t exhibit aggression, their size was ideal for human management, and they had high reproduction rates, ensuring herd growth and health.
- Scientific Name: Ovis aries
- Characteristics: This domesticated ewe carries a short wool coat, perhaps not long after sheering season. She is gentle and caring, watchful over her lambs.
- Size and Color: Primarily white, this 3-inch-long ewe features additional color on the hooves and about the face, adding to the realism of the figure.
- The Ewe is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK