Safari Ltd Feathered Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus rex, the so-called ‘king of the tyrant lizards’, is probably the most famous dinosaur of all time. At up to 40 ft long, it remains one of the largest known meat-eating dinosaurs. However, recent discoveries of feathered dinosaurs are changing our understanding of the life appearance of this popular species.
- Scientific Name: Tyrannosaurus rex
- Characteristics: Tyrannosaurus is a muscular carnivore with large jaws filled with teeth the size of bananas. It walked on two muscular legs and had relatively tiny arms with two-fingered hands. With the discovery of its relative Yutyrannus, some scientists believe Tyrannosaurus may have sported feathers.
- Size and Color: This stunningly detailed figure is 12 inches long and 5.25 inches high. Its bold, colorful plumage and scarred face make a striking statement.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
This infamous predator was named in 1905 and was the first tyrannosaur ever discovered. Scrappy material pertaining to this giant carnivore was found in the late 1890s, but more substantial remains were discovered during a 1902 expedition to Montana led by the American Museum of Natural History. Tyrannosaurus fossils have since been unearthed across the western North American states of Alberta, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, and Utah. Several fossil specimens, including four complete skulls, two complete bodies, and other incomplete skeletons representing over 30 individuals, mean that Tyrannosaurus is one of the best understood theropod dinosaurs.
Specimens of earlier, smaller tyrannosaurs from China, Dilong and Yutyrannus, have been found with feathers preserved. This evidence suggests that Tyrannosaurus also had feathers because these species are so closely related.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 30.25 L x 13.5 H
- Size in inches: 11.91 L x 5.31 H
- UPC: 095866001674
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK