Safari Ltd Flying Fish
Famous for their ability to leap out of the water, flying fish are able to glide long distances when airborne. Flying fish don’t actually have wings; instead they have uniquely adapted fins that function in a similar, albeit less effective, way.
- Scientific Name: Family Exocoetidae
- Characteristics: There are over 60 known species of flying fish, all of which use their unique fins to take to the air and avoid would-be predators. Learn more astounding facts with our life-like wildlife figurines!
- Size and Color: Measuring 7 inches long and 5.25 inches wide, this figurine is as long as a 16 oz. water bottle on its side and as wide as a dollar bill. Flying fish can come in many different colors, and this one is predominantly blue with hints of silver.
- The Flying Fish is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Flying fish live in the “sunlight zone” of the ocean, which is an area near the surface. Because this area is so commonly populated by predators due to the large abundance of smaller fish life, flying fish developed their unique wing-like fins as a defense mechanism. These fins allow them to leap from the water and glide over 50 meters, and in doing so they often elude their predators.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 17 L x 5.25 W x H
- Size in inches: 6.69 L x 2.07 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866263508
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh