Safari Ltd Friesian Mare
Friesians, also called Belgian Blacks, are striking horses originating in Friesland in the Netherlands. Known for their black coats, their wavy, flowing manes and tails, and their strong and stocky bodies, Friesians cut quite an elegant and graceful figure.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This Friesian Mare is proudly trotting, showcasing all of the breed’s striking qualities including strong musculature, thick flowing hair, and feathering around the ankles. This hand-painted figure is full of amazing and accurate detail.
- Size and Color: This figure is 5 inches long and 5 ¼ inches tall, about the size of a slice of bread. Like most real Friesians, it is almost entirely black, with glossy black eyes, a black coat, and black mane and tail.
- The Friesian Mare is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Friesian breed originates from the Netherlands, and is several hundred years old, dating back to the Middle Ages. It was used to carry knights into battle, and eventually found use as a work horse. It nearly became extinct during World War II as there was little demand for draft animals, but now is quite popular as a recreational horse for sporting purposes. Its elegant appearance makes it a popular horse for movies and television shows.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.83 L x 4.83 W x 13.46 H
- Size in inches: 5.05 L x 1.9 W x 5.3 H
- UPC: 609366000909
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh