Safari Ltd Frilled Lizard
Frilled lizards inhabit the woodlands and forests of southern New Guinea and northern Australia. Its name comes from the large frill around its neck, which it uses as a defense mechanism to scare away potential predators.
- Scientific Name: Chlamydosaurus kingii
- Characteristics: Although this lizard has its frill blossomed out, we promise it’s no danger to you! Individually hand painted and sculpted, this model makes an excellent gift for any and all nature lovers.
- Size and Color: 11.5 inches long and 6.5 inches tall, our frilled lizard figurine is about as long as a standard American ruler and roughly an inch taller than a soda can. Frilled lizards generally take on the color of their habitat, and can be any mixture of orange, red, brown, grey, and dark green.
- The Frilled Lizard is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Frilled lizards are fairly abundant in their natural range, although they have faced slow decline in the 20th century. Habitat loss and fragmentation, as well as the introduction of the invasive cane toad species in the 1930’s, have played the largest part in their recent population drop. Still, they are currently classified as a species of least concern.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 28 L x 18.5 W x 15.5 H
- Size in inches: 11.02 L x 7.28 W x 6.1 H
- UPC: 095866260507
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh