Safari Ltd Frogfish
Frogfish employ special camouflage to perfectly blend in with their habitat. Depending on the species, they can resemble coral, stones, sea sponges, sargassum seaweed, or urchins. They use lures on their head to draw their prey in close, then use their mouths to suck them in like a vacuum.
- Scientific Name: Family Antennariidae
- Characteristics: This lumpy, stocky frogfish figurine is doing his best impression of a sea sponge. Hand painted and expertly crafted with life-like detail, our frogfish includes specialized features such as modified fins used for walking along the sea floor.
- Size and Color: At 4 1/4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches high at the top of its dorsal fin, this figure is a bit larger than a standard deck of playing cards. Frogfish are known to change their color, but this particular fish has settled on orange with brown spots.
- The Frogfish is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Frogfish are experts at mimicry, which assists them not only in catching prey, but also hiding from predators, since their lack of scales makes them quite vulnerable. They’re a popular choice in aquariums, where they’re widely known as “anglers”, due to the fleshy lure (actually a modified dorsal fin) that they use to attract prey. They belong to the order Lophiiformes, which also includes deep-sea anglerfish and goosefishes.
- Recommended Age: 18M+
- Size in cm: 10.8 L x 6.5 W x 6.3 H
- Size in inches: 4.25 L x 2.56 W x 2.48 H
- Scale: 1:1
- UPC: 095866001926
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh