Safari Ltd Galapagos Sally Lightfoot Crab
The Galapagos sally lightfoot crab, also known as the red rock crab, is a common species of crab that can be found along the western coast of the Americas. More specifically, it can be found in North, Central, and South America, as well as the Galapagos Islands.
- Safari Ltd Model 261729
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 12.5 x 19 cm
- Size in inches: 4.92 x 7.48 inches
The first written record of the Galapagos sally lightfoot crab was made in 1758, although it’s not a stretch to assume many different coastal civilizations were familiar with them as a food source prior to that date. It is one of the most commonly spotted crab species, and there is a good chance that you’ve seen one if you’ve ever visited a beach or shored located along the western coast of the Americas.
- Scientific Name: Graspus graspus
- Characteristics: Like all Safari figurines, this model has been hand painted and sculpted by professionals to ensure scientific accuracy and life-like details. Make sure you don’t agitate it, or you might get a sharp little pinch!
- Size and Color: Although most Galapagos sally lightfoot crabs are red, they can also be pink, brown, and yellow in color. 5 inches long and 7.5 inches wide, this figurine is about as long as a dollar bill and as wide as a 16 oz. water bottle on its side.
- The Galapagos Sally Lightfoot Crab is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh