Safari Ltd German Shepherd Puppy
German Shepherds are large, energetic dogs known as confident, smart, and courageous, as well as intensely loyal. These factors combine to make them the second most popular dog breed in the United States after Labrador Retrievers.
- Scientific Name: Canis familiaris
- Characteristics: This German Shepherd puppy appears in a playful, running pose, perhaps loyally following its master. The realism of its facial features is incredible.
- Size and Color: German Shepherds may demonstrate 11 different color combinations and still meet breed standards. This 2 ½ inch figure matches the standard black and tan coloration. It’s a little smaller than a credit card.
- The German Shepherd Puppy is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
German Shepherds have a long unofficial history, with even the invading Romans writing of wolf-like bi-colored dogs trotting alongside men in Germania. But in 1899, from the popular shepherd-type dogs of Germany, Max Emil Frederick von Stephanitz, a German military officer, purchased a young tan and grey dog with the intention of bringing the best out of the breed. He founded the first German Shepherd club, wrote the breed standard, and began to hold shows in which the top male and female were awarded. From these best representations of the German Shepherd breed, more reliable, hardy, watchful dogs were bred. This tightly controlled breeding policy ensured a quick rise for the already popular and utilitarian shepherds, and by World War 1, just 15 years later, German Shepherds were relied upon as valuable companions and assets, leading to their immense popularity worldwide.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7 L x 2.20 W x 4.7 H
- Size in inches: 2.76 L x 0.87 W x 1.85 H
- UPC: 095866251901
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh