Safari Ltd Giant Albatross
The giant albatross is one of the largest living birds, often reaching wingspans of over 10 feet! They live most of their lives on the water, feeding on fish, crustaceans, and squids. They latch onto their squirming prey using their bladed beaks, which are designed for a secure and steady grip.
- Scientific Name: Genus Diomedea
- Characteristics: This albatross is showing off its wide-reaching wingspan! Artfully crafted and hand-painted by experts, our figurines capture the spirit of these incredible animals as they soar through the sprawling blue sky.
- Size and Color: 7 inches long and 2.5 inches tall, this model is about as long as a dollar bill and as tall as a credit card stood upright. It captures the giant albatrosses’ simple, yet striking pearlescent plumage and black tipped wings.
- The Albatross is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Albatrosses have a special place in maritime folklore and superstition, with The Rime of the Ancient Mariner being their most famous depiction. It’s a common myth amongst sailors that hurting or killing an albatross ensures dangers or disaster on a voyage. Despite their symbolic image and popularity in nautical culture, giant albatrosses have been negatively affected by human activities, such as overfishing. If you decide to take home this awesome avian animal, keep in mind that it has a huge appetite!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17.75 L x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 6.99 L x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866000936
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh