Safari Ltd Giant Tortoise
Found predominantly on the Aldabra Atoll and Galapagos islands, the giant tortoise is a large member of the Testudines order that can grow to be over 900 pounds and 4 feet long. Their size is a result of islands gigantism, which occurs when animals are isolated on an island or islands.
- Scientific Name: Family Testudinidae
- Characteristics: Giant tortoises can live to be over 100 years old, so expect to have this enormous friend around for a long time! Like all Safari figurines, our giant tortoise model is hand painted and molded by experts in order to assure life-like realism and scientific accuracy.
- Size and Color: 3 inches long and 2 inches tall, this figurine is the size of a deck of cards stood on its side. Because giant tortoises aren’t their own species and instead can be any subspecies of the Galapagos or Aldabra tortoise, they can come in many different color variants. However, most are predominantly brown and dark green.
- The Giant Tortoise is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Unfortunately, many subspecies of giant tortoise are classified as either vulnerable or endangered, while some are already extinct. In fact, last remaining Pinta Island Giant Tortoise named Lonesome George passed away in 2012, officially categorizing the subspecies as extinct. The worldwide population for giant tortoises, all subspecies included, is estimated to be around 20,000 individuals.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8 L x 5.5 W x 5 H
- Size in inches: 3.15 L x 2.17 W x 1.97 H
- UPC: 095866272500
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh