Safari Ltd Gibbon
Living in the tropical and subtropical rainforests of southern Asia, including India, China, and Indonesia, is the gibbon, a type of primate made up of 17 different species. Often referred to as smaller apes, gibbons are more closely related to gorillas than monkeys.
- Scientific Name: Family Hylobatidae
- Characteristics: Despite being social with one another, gibbons are known to be very territorial, so you might want to keep your distance! Like all of our figurines, this gibbon model is hand-painted and professionally crafted, and is an exceptional resource for decoration, education, and play.
- Size and Color: Although gibbons can be many different colors, including black, tan, brown, white, and any shade in between, their most recognizable trait is their dark face. Sitting 5 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall, this figurine is about the size of a soda can on its side.
- This Gibbon is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Like many of the more niche species found in the now densely-populated areas of the world, gibbons are suffering from a loss of their natural habitat and most species are classified as endangered on the conversation status spectrum. Fortunately, sanctuaries and rehabilitation centers have been set up to care for, and in some cases reintroduce previously captive gibbons back into the wild.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.75 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.02 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866001568
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh