Safari Ltd Gila Monster
One of the few venomous lizard species and the only venomous lizard native to the United States, the Gila monster is a relatively large reptile that’s earned a reputation as being dangerous. However, it’s actually very timid and slow, and is not a threat to humans.
- Scientific Name: Heloderma suspectum
- Characteristics: The Gila monster gets its name from the Gila river, an area where this massive lizard was once commonly found. Painted by hand and crafted to be as scientifically accurate as possible, this figurine is exceptional for any purpose, including play, display, teaching, and much more.
- Size and Color: Gila monsters can easily be identified by their black and pinkish-orange markings, as well as their banded tails and spotted heads. 2.75 inches long and .75 inches tall, our Gila monster model is about as long as a credit card and as tall as a quarter stood upright.
- The Gila Monster is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Archeologists have found Gila monster petroglyphs in archeological sites throughout the western United States. Some native American tribes believed that the Gila monster possessed special healing powers due to its skin, while others believed that the lizards possessed spiritual powers and their breath could cause sickness or death. Unfortunately, recent human expansion and a fragmentation of the Gila monster’s natural habitat has caused them to become classified as near threatened on the IUCN red list.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.25 L x 1.75 H
- Size in inches: 2.85 L x 0.69 H
- UPC: 095866180706
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh