Safari Ltd Goliath Grouper
Endemic to the tropical waters and coral reefs of the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Caribbean, and Brazil, the goliath grouper is massive saltwater fish. They can grow as large as 8 feet long and weigh over 800 pounds, although on average they weigh around 400 pounds.
- Scientific Name: Epinephelus itajara
- Characteristics: Painted by hand, this awesome aquatic figurine is a wonderful gift for an aspiring marine biologist! Despite their intimidating size, goliath groupers are quite gentle, and rarely pose a threat to humans.
- Size and Color: Goliath groupers are mostly tan with shades of brown and green, and also commonly have black spots. 5.75 inches long and 2.5 inches wide, this figurine is roughly the size of a soda can on its side.
- The Goliath Grouper is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Unfortunately, the Atlantic variant of the goliath grouper is classified as a critically endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. Like many threatened marine species, they suffer from a loss and degradation of their natural habitat. They are also sometimes affected by commercial fishing, where they end up as bycatch. The good news is that goliath groupers were recently successfully bred in captivity, providing hope for their future.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 5.75 L x 2.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.26 L x 0.98 H
- Scale: 1:15
- UPC: 095866265304
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh