Safari Ltd Gray Reef Shark
The gray reef shark is likely very similar to what most people picture when they hear the word “shark”. As its name implies, it is gray in color and frequents reefs in the Indo-Pacific region. They are one of the first and only sharks that have been observed performing a “threat display”, which involves hunching its back and lowering its pectoral fins to warn other animals that it may attack if cornered.
- Scientific Name: Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos
- Characteristics: This figure features the blunt, rounded snout, large eyes, and streamlined form typical of gray reef sharks. And don’t worry - this hand-painted figure isn’t displaying its threat behavior, so he’s not going to attack of the other toys on your shelf.
- Size and Color: Our gray reef shark figure is 6 ¼ inches long and 1 ½ inches tall at the tip of its dorsal fin. It’s about as long as a ball point pen. Its coloration is gray above, fading irregularly to white on its underside, exemplifying the white-ish flank band present in most sharks in the genus Carcharhinus.
- The Gray Reef Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Gray reef sharks are social creatures and congregate in large numbers on reefs, up to 30 individuals at a time in some cases. While gray reef sharks are a common sight on reefs in their range, their numbers are declining due to a number of factors. They are caught for shark fin soup, a brutal practice that is harming many shark species. They are also declining due to habitat destruction, as their needs are quite specific and damage to coral reefs can affect the shark population.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 15.8 L x 7 W x 4 H
- Size in inches: 6.22 L x 2.76 W x 1.57 H
- UPC: 095866002206
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh