Safari Ltd Great Horned Owl
Also known as the tiger owl and the hoot owl, the great horned owl is a rather large member of the Bubo genus found throughout north and south America. In fact, the great horned owl has such a large population that it’s believed to be the most widely distributed owl in the Americas.
- Scientific Name: Bubo virginianus
- Characteristics: The name hoot owl actually comes from the distinctive and famous hooting sound the great horned owl makes. Learn more interesting facts about the great horned owl with this scientifically accurate and realistic model!
- Size and Color: Measuring 5.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall, this roughly the size of a soda can on its side. Great horned owls are usually dark brown with varying shades of brown and tan with white accents.
- The Great Horned Owl is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
The great horned owl was and is an important symbol in many north and south American cultures. Some native American tribes revered them and depicted them as symbols of strength and courage, while others believed them to be spirits of slain warriors. Members of the Zuni tribe even carried feathers of the great horned owl in their mouths while hunting or fighting, hoping to inherent the owl’s stealth. While we can’t guarantee you this figurine will make you an exceptional hunter or warrior, it will make a wonderful addition to your desk or nightstand!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 4.5 L x 12.8 W x 6 H
- Size in inches: 1.77 L x 5.04 W x 2.36 H
- UPC: 095866264406
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh