Safari Ltd Griffin
Combining the head, wings, and talons of the majestic eagle with the body, legs, and tail of the powerful lion, the Griffin is truly the king of all mythical beasts. Known for wisdom and power, the Griffin plays a role in mythologies throughout the ancient world.
- Scientific Name: Gryphus
- Characteristics: With its bronze and gold coloring and active pose, this Griffin looks like it’s ready to pounce. Griffins were solitary beasts, both feared and respected.
- Size and Color: From the feathery texture of its wings to the pointy ends of its claws, the Griffin figure exudes realism. The Griffin is 4 ¼ inches long and 5 ¼ wide from wingtip to wingtip, about the size of a saucer.
- The Griffin is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Despite its fantastical appearance, the Griffin’s history is rooted in a believable tale. Myths tell of this eagle-lion hybrid guarding hordes of gold, much like dragons. History tells that skeletons of the dinosaur Pentaceratops, itself a creature with a powerful body, sharp claws, and a beaked face, have been discovered near gold veins. Perhaps those bones were mistaken for those of a Griffin long ago.
The cautious Griffin peers out the opening of its cool cave, curious about the clanking and stomping outside. It sees an army, metal helmets and spear tips gleaming in the sun as the men march through the desert. The powerful Griffin shudders its wings and flicks its tale. Surely, it thinks, the army wouldn’t be foolish enough to steal its gold? One of the men breaks away from the group, peering toward the Griffin’s cave. “Agamemnon!” another cries. Do not enter there! It is the lair of fell beasts!”
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.1 L x 12.8 W x 11 H
- Size in inches: 4.37 L x 5.04 W x 4.33 H
- UPC: 095866800802
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh