Safari Ltd Gypsy Vanner Stallion
The relatively recent discovery of the Gypsy Vanner horse surprised horse aficionados worldwide. Hidden among the byways of England, gypsies had worked for generations to breed the ideal horse for pulling their caravans, and the gorgeous Gypsy Vanner is the result of those efforts.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: If horses held a beauty pageant, the Gypsy Vanner might win, and this figure shows why. Stark colors, a long, flowing mane and tail, and abundant feathering create a magnificent creature.
- Size and Color: In a standing pose, this Gypsy Vanner is 4 ½ inches long and 4 ¼ inches tall, about the size of a CD case. Its black and white coloring is typical for the breed.
- The Gypsy Vanner Stallion is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Desiring a sturdy, eye-catching horse to draw their caravans, several gypsy families began selectively breeding horses after World War Two, with an eye toward the ideal caravan horse. Breeds included the Clydesdale, Shire, and Dales Pony, and attributes of each of these breeds can be seen in present-day Gypsy Vanners. Also evident is that all three breeds share an ancestor among the Friesian horses, another beautiful, elegant horse. Although gypsy caravans exist mostly for recreation and holiday these days, the proud breeders who created the Gypsy Vanner have given the world a gift.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11 L x 4.5 W x 10 H
- Size in inches: 4.33 L x 1.77 W x 3.94 H
- UPC: 609366150307
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh