Safari Ltd Hammerhead Shark Baby
Born in litters of 12-15 pups, infant hammerhead sharks are abandoned by their parents shortly after birth. However, the young sharks form schools until they are old enough to hunt on their own. This baby has been separated from his siblings and needs a companion!
- Scientific Name: Family Sphyrnidae
- Characteristics: Painted by hand and crafted with stunning accuracy, this model depicts the hammerhead shark's atypical “cephalofoil” head which not only allows it to see above and below itself, but can also be used as a tool to pin down its prey. This helps the hammerhead keep its meal in close proximity to its uniquely positioned mouth, located underneath and behind its snout.
- Size and Color: 7 inches in length and 3 inches in height, this baby hammerhead is roughly the size of a 16 oz. water bottle turned on its side. Sporting the most common coloration of hammerhead sharks, this youngling has a brown top which helps it blend into the dark ocean floor and a white underside which disguises it amidst the bright and sunny water's surface.
- The Hammerhead Shark is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
While not as famous as the Great White, tiger, or bull shark, the hammerhead is one of the most unique and specialized species of shark roaming the seas. Although this shark has grown out of its early infancy, depicted by its elongated rather than rounded head, you have nothing to fear; hammerhead attacks on humans are extremely rare.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 17.2 L x 10 W x 7 H
- Size in inches: 6.77 L x 3.94 W x 2.76 H
- UPC: 095866267902
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh