Safari Ltd Harpy Eagle
Named after the harpies of Greek Mythology, harpy eagles are the largest bird of prey found in the Americas, and can grow to have a wingspan of over 7 feet long. Their habitat ranges from throughout central America all the way through Argentina and Brazil.
- Safari Ltd Model 150929
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.75 x 5.25 cm
- Size in inches: 3.05 x 2.07 inches
Despite being found in an extremely large range of habitats, the harpy eagle’s population has declined considerably in the past few decades. Due to human activities like logging, prospecting, and agricultural expansion, the harpy eagle is suffering from a loss of its natural habitat. Although exact numbers are not known, the harpy eagle is thought to be quickly approaching the “threatened” classification on the animal conservation status spectrum.
- Scientific Name: Harpia harpyja
- Characteristics: Although harpy eagles are apex avian predators in their natural habitats, they are still occasionally preyed upon by tree-dwelling cats, including ocelots and jaguars. Hand-painted and professionally sculpted, this eagle is resting its wings while keeping an eye out for its next meal!
- Size and Color: Harpy eagles always have gray head feathers, striped legs, and a black chest and wings, although the shades and prevalence of these colors can vary. 3 inches long and 2 inches tall, this figurine is about the size of a deck of cards on its side.
- The Harpy Eagle is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK