Safari Ltd Hercules
Hercules to the Romans, Herakles to the Greeks, this hero is perhaps the best known of all mythical figures. A mighty warrior, he was also a tragic figure, hated by the goddess Hera and forced to complete 12 impossible labors.
- Scientific Name: Hercules
- Characteristics:This figure recreates Hercules after his first labor, in which he defeated the Nemean lion. Perhaps he is firing flaming arrows into the lair of the Hydra, hoping to spur it into combat.
- Size and Color: At 5 ¼ inches tall, the mythical hero is living large! Unique details such as the hide of the Nemean lion and detailed muscle tone add to the realism.
- Hercules is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
No one knows for sure if the story of Hercules is based in some true, tragic tale. Born of Zeus and a mortal, the hero was despised by Hera, wife of Zeus. After an unfortunate incident involving his wife and children, a despondent Hercules sought to redeem himself by visiting an Oracle for advice. He was sent to King Eurystheus, who, inspired by Hera, ordered 10 impossible labors as penance. Ten became twelve, and the man became legend.
“Ten, they said. Just ten,” Hercules grumbled as he shifted the weight on his shoulders. He needed to bring back the Golden Apples of Hesperides, a task that sounded frightfully easy. That is, until Prometheus told him the Apples were guarded by the dragon Ladon. Prometheus recommended that Hercules enlist the help of the mighty Titan Atlas since the dragon was so powerful. That’s how Hercules ended up here, balancing the world on his shoulders. The job had belonged to Atlas until Hercules convinced him to defeat the dragon and capture the apples in his stead. Atlas was happy for a break from world holding, but Hercules, strong as he was, grew tired. Moments later, Atlas came bounding down the mountain. “It’s done,” Atlas said happily, dropping the golden apples at Hercules’ feet. “But I’ve decided I don’t want to hold up the world any more. I hope you don’t mind.”
Hercules grimaced. “Of course, but will you take it for just a moment so I may adjust my cloak?”
“Of course,” Atlas answered, lifting the burden back to his shoulders.
“Fool,” Hercules mumbled. Then he picked up the apples and walked away, leaving a sputtering Atlas to hold up the world once more.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 4 L x 9 W x 12.7 H
- Size in inches: 1.57 L x 3.54 W x 5.0 H
- UPC: 095866802202
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK