Safari Ltd Hereford Cow
The classic beef cattle, Herefords were originally bred in England with the goal of producing quality beef from grass for a growing population. They are easily distinguished by their reddish hide and contrasting white faces and lower legs.
- Safari Ltd Model 160029
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.4 x 4.5 x 7.7 cm
- Size in inches: 5.28 x 1.77 x 3.03 inches
Cattle have been bred and raised near Herefordshire in England for nearly as long as people have settled the green, grassy lands. With temperate climates, plenty of rain, and endless grass, the countryside around Herefordshire was idea for raising cattle, and the people who called the place home just did that, even as history raged around them. Saxons, Vikings, Normans, and English all settled the area at different times. Eventually England became a place of peace and industry instead of war and strife, and with the Industrial Revolution came a demand for more food, which the people of Herefordshire were ready to meet. Benjamin Tomkins receives credit for starting the breed, although countless generations before him surely helped perfect the animals he chose for foundation cattle. From there, Herefords became known as sturdy, productive beef cattle, with thousands exported to the US and around the world. After Angus Cattle, Herefords are the second most popular breed of beef cattle.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: This Hereford Cow figure displays the classic attributes of the breed, with a boxy shape and traditional coloration. It’s a perfect fit on any farm.
- Size and Color: At 5 ½ inches long and 3 ¼ inches tall, this Hereford Cow measures up well with other cattle figures, and it’s about the size of a larger smartphone. The reddish hide with white accents is typical for the breed.
- The Hereford Cow is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh