Safari Ltd Hermit Crab
Although you might think the hermit crab is its own species, there are actually hundreds and hundreds of them! However, most of the hermit crabs that are owned as pets are one of a handful of specific species.
- Scientific Name: Superfamily Paguroidea
- Characteristics: The name hermit crab is derived from the fact that hermit crabs carry their shells, which are also their homes, on their back. Although this hand painted figurine already has a home of its own, we’re sure it would still love to come back to yours!
- Size and Color: 4.5 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall, this figurine is a bit wider than a deck of cards stood on its side. These creatures can be many different colors, shells especially, and this hermit crab is a pinkish-orange color with a light tan shell.
- The Hermit Crab is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Hermit crab species differ widely from one another. Some are only a few millimeters long, whereas others can grow to be the size of a coconut. Similarly, their life spans can range anywhere between ten and eighty years. On the whole, there are six different families and over 1,000 species of hermit crabs that are contained in the superfamily Paguroidea.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 12 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.72 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866267506
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh