Safari Ltd Hippopotamus Baby
The third largest land mammal, hippopotamuses are semi-aquatic herbivores that can be found in southern Africa. Although adult hippopotamuses are commonly feared for their aggression and territorial nature, this cute little calf is all play and no bite!
- Scientific Name: Hippopotamus amphibius
- Characteristics: Despite its small size, this baby hippo is doing its best to let out a mighty roar! Hand painted with life-like realism, our hippopotamus baby figurine is great as an addition to a nature enthusiasts’ collection or a wildlife diorama, as a teaching tool for a biology course, or just for fun play with any of our other wildlife figurines.
- Size and Color: Adult hippos can be as large as 17 feet long, so this little guy has some growing to do! 2.95 inches long and 1.75 inches tall, this model is a little smaller than a credit card stood on its side, and is accurately colored to represent not only hippopotamuses’ dark gray hide, but the red substance their skin produces protect them from the harsh African sun.
- The Hippopotamus Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Typically, a mother hippopotamus only gives birth to a single calf, although in rare cases twins do occur. Like most mammal species, infant hippopotamuses rely on their mothers for nearly everything, including protection and food. Young hippos will even ride on their mother’s back in areas where the water is too deep, in what might be one of the most adorable displays of loving motherhood in the animal kingdom. This little hippo calf would make a great pairing with one of our adult hippopotamus figurines!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.6 L x 3.1 W x 4.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.99 L x 1.22 W x 1.77 H
- UPC: 095866270520
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh