Safari Ltd Holstein Bull
It’s tough being a bull in a breed known almost exclusively for prodigious dairy production, but such is life for Holstein Bulls. Holsteins were raised for beef historically, but other breeds are far more efficient beef cattle these days, making the job of an adult Holstein bull relatively easy.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: Holsteins are one of the most instantly recognizable of all cattle breeds, perhaps because they are, quite literally, the poster animal for American dairy production. This bull is up to the challenge, with the ideal color pattern of a Holstein.
- Size and Color: This Holstein figure features a nice balance of black and white, along with realistic coloration about the face. It’s a sturdy, 5-inch-long figure, similar in size to a soda can lying on its side.
- The Holstein Bull is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Holstein cattle were once more commonly called Holstein-Friesians in recognition of their origins in the province of Friesland in Holland. Here, the Rhine River ends its 820 mile journey from the mountains of Switzerland by pouring into the North Sea, and here, ancient tribes known as the Batavians and the Friesians first settled in the river delta. These settlers bred cattle, and they lived in an area with an abundance of grass, so they preferred animals that could efficiently turn grass into milk and meat. The cattle thrived, and breeding eventually created a consistent black and white color for which the animals are best known. When demand for milk grew in the U.S. in the late 1800s, merchants’ eyes turned to Holland, where the Holstein-Friesians had made a name for themselves as milk producers. They’ve been so successful that Holsteins now make up 90% of the dairy cows in the United States, and their milk production vastly outperforms other breeds.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.2 L x 4.7 W x 8.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.2 L x 1.85 W x 3.35 H
- UPC: 095866246907
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh