Safari Ltd Holstein Cow
Holstein cows, known in Europe as Friesians, are distinguished by their black-and-white markings and known for prodigious milk production. The dairy breed averages 23,000 pounds of milk per year, or about 9 gallons per animal, per day.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: Featuring a collar and bell, this Holstein dairy cow is ready for the milking parlor. With an intelligent face and realistic sculpting, this figure looks exactly like the real thing.
- Size and Color: These well-known dairy cows display their iconic black-and-white coloration. The figures are 5 inches long, a little longer than a pop can.
- The Holstein Cow is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The first Holstein-Friesians were adapted to life in the Netherlands, where they were needed to produce milk efficiently from grass. They became so efficient that they would eventually become the world’s top milk producers and most popular dairy cows. The first Holstein to arrive in the U.S. came across the ocean on a Dutch ship, being purchased in Massachusetts after it provided milk for the entire crew on the trans-Atlantic crossing.
Over 8,000 Holsteins would be imported from Europe before disease broke out in the Old World and ended cattle importation. However, the numbers were already growing in the U.S., and in 1885, the Holstein Association of breeders was formed. Today, 90% of dairy herds are Holsteins. All because one cow crossed over on a ship.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.3 L x 5 W x 7.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.24 L x 1.97 W x 2.95 H
- UPC: 095866232603
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh