Safari Ltd Honey Badger
The Honey Badger, also known as the Ratel, is a large member of the weasel family known for its tenacity. Despite not being very big by African predator standards, the Honey Badger has very few natural predators, as it defends itself fiercely and fearlessly if provoked.
- Scientific Name: Mellivora capensis
- Characteristics: Compared to other badger species, the Honey Badger has a relatively long body, more like a weasel. This figure shows off the distinct shape of this mammal, along with its formidable claws.
- Size and Color: This hand-painted Honey Badger figure is mostly dark brown, with black eyes, a black nose, a pink mouth and cream-colored claws. The top of its head and back are covered with a lighter patch of fur, grayish with a white edge. The figure measures 4 ½ inches long and 2 ¼ inches tall to the tip of its tail, or slightly larger than a credit card.
- The Honey Badger is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Honey Badger has a well-earned reputation for being one of the fiercest and most tenacious creatures alive. They are known to hold their own against much larger animals, including Cape Buffaloes and Lions.
Honey Badgers are named for one of their favorite foods, honey, though they are far from picky eaters and will eat just about anything that they are able to. They get honey directly from beehives, and are able to withstand bee stings due to their skin. This skin is both incredibly thick, which makes it difficult to penetrate, and very loose, giving the animal flexibility even if its skin is grabbed by a would-be predator.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11 L x 2.5 W x 5.3 H
- Size in inches: 4.33 L x 0.98 W x 2.09 H
- UPC: 095866003173
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh