Safari Ltd Horseshoe Crab
Did you know that because the origin of horseshoe crabs dates back to the Ordovician period (about 450 million years ago), they are considered living fossils? Horseshoe crabs can be found in shallow ocean waters and occasionally on the shore.
- Scientific Name:Family Limulidae
- Characteristics: Like all Safari figurines, this model was crafted to be detailed, true-to-life, and scientifically accurate. Don’t worry – horseshoe crabs may look scary, but they are completely harmless!
- Size and Color: 7 inches long and 3.5 inches wide, this figurine is a touch shorter and wider than a 16 oz. water bottle on its side. Horseshoe crabs are generally darker colors, and can range from slate gray to olive green.
- The Horseshoe Crab is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Unfortunately, horseshoe crab populations have been dropping over the last few years, and beach-goers can no longer expect to see shores littered with them during the breeding season. They are harvested for multiple reasons, including for use as bait or to extract their blood, although many coastal states have limited or banned horseshoe crab fishing in recent years.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 18 L x 9 W x H
- Size in inches: 7.09 L x 3.54 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866261405
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh