Safari Ltd Hyacinth Macaw
Native to central and eastern South America, the hyacinth macaw is the largest known parrot species, measuring over three feet tall from head to tail. They can be purchased as a pet but are demanding due to their size and personality, and are a good fit for only experienced owners.
- Scientific Name: Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus
- Characteristics: Like many larger parrot species, the hyacinth macaw can live to be 80 years old, meaning you’ll have this feathered friend for many years to come! Hand painted and professionally sculpted, Safari figurines are designed to capture the essence of the natural world with life-like models.
- Size and Color: Predominantly royal blue with yellow accents around the beak and eyes, the plumage of hyacinth macaws is strikingly beautiful. 2 inches tall and 4.5 inches long, our hyacinth macaw figurine is a touch smaller than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Hyacinth Macaw is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Sadly, due to illegal capture and habitat loss, the hyacinth macaw is classified as a vulnerable species on the conservation status spectrum. Thankfully, the hyacinth macaw is protected by multiple laws in many of the regions it’s endemic too, and long-term conservation initiatives have been put in place to help their population numbers stabilize. Similarly, hyacinth macaws tend to respond well to captivity, and zoos and sanctuaries have proved effective in bolstering their overall numbers.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.3 L x 4.3 W x 4.3 H
- Size in inches: 4.06 L x 1.69 W x 1.69 H
- UPC: 095866264208
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh