Safari Ltd Hyena
Despite their somewhat wolf-life appearance, the closest relative to hyenas are cats, mongooses, and civets, all of which make up the Feliformia suborder. However, they do share some traits with canines, such as catching prey with their teeth rather than their claws.
- Scientific Name: Family Hyaenidae
- Characteristics: Although hyenas have a reputation in many cultures as being frightening and evil, we promise there’s nothing malicious about this figurine! Painted by hand and crafted with immaculate attention to detail, this life-like model is exceptional as a tool for play or education.
- Size and Color: Hyena coloration differs drastically between the four existing species. This model depicts the spotted hyena, which has dark, sandy brown fun with black trim and spots. Standing 2.5 inches tall and 4.25 inches long, this figurine is a touch shorter than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Hyena is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Despite their relatively small size compared to many other members of the Feliformia suborder, hyenas have one of the strongest bites in the animal kingdom. Their bite can generate up to 800 lbf (pound-force), which is stronger than the bite of a great white shark. Because of this, hyenas are able to shatter bones with their bites, a trait that helps them when scavenging.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.19 L x 3.8 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.01 L x 1.5 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866222604
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh