Safari Ltd Indian Rhino
The second largest land mammal native to the Asian continent, the Indian rhino is also known as the greater one-horned rhino and the great Indian rhino. Unlike other rhino species, they have shorter, broader horns which tend to grow no larger than 10 inches tall.
- Scientific Name: Rhinoceros unicornis
- Characteristics: Hand painted with life-like detail, this model is exceptional as a toy for play, as a teaching aid, or as a piece of décor for your desk or nightstand. Although the Indian rhino’s skin may look like a tough set of armor, it’s actually very soft and flexible!
- Size and Color: The Indian rhino has greyish-brown skin with a unique black horn. Measuring 5 inches long and 2.75 inches tall, this model is the size of a soda can resting on its side.
- The Indian Rhino is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Sadly, the greatest threat to the Indian rhino is poaching. Because of massive amounts of illegal hunting, the Indian rhino is classified as a vulnerable species by the IUCN. Although their numbers are higher than many other rhino species, the Indian rhino is still considered to be in a very threatened state. Thankfully, black rhinos adapt well to captivity and there are many successful breeding programs in zoos and sanctuaries around the world.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.5 L x 4.5 W x 7 H
- Size in inches: 4.92 L x 1.77 W x 2.76 H
- UPC: 095866297305
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh