Safari Ltd Killer Whale
Although Killer Whales range worldwide, they are most abundant in the Arctic and Antarctic, where nutrient-rich cold waters rise from the deep and attract other sea life. At the top of the cold-water food chain is the Killer Whale, the largest member of the dolphin family.
- Scientific Name: Orcinus orca
- Characteristics: This Killer Whale figure’s lithe, twisting body reveals an active creature swimming at full speed, perhaps closing in on its favorite cold-water snack. Anatomically accurate details enhance the educational quality of this realistic toy.
- Size and Color: Black and white are its dominant colors, but a splash of pink in the mouth completes the realism of this nearly 7-inch long figure. It’s a little longer than a water bottle.
- The Killer Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Perhaps because of its size or its iconic look, the Killer Whale has been the subject of countless scientific studies, and we now know a great deal about these apex predators. They’ve been studied especially extensively since the 1970s, and we’ve learned more about their cognitive and sensory abilities, their social structures, their populations, and their behavior. For example, we know now that some populations are residents of certain coastal areas, while other populations are transient. We know they eat localized diets, but taken together, Killer Whales consume an impressive variety of prey worldwide. We’ve even discovered that Killer Whales affect whale migration, as the massive beasts often move to warmer waters to calf, where they will be free from interference by the predators.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 15 L x 6.5 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.91 L x 2.56 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866275105
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh