Safari Ltd Kronosaurus
Kronosaurus belongs to a marine reptile group called pliosaurs. This toothy predator cruised the oceans during the early Cretaceous, about 120 million years ago. It hunted prey such as fish and other marine reptiles.
- Safari Ltd Model 304029
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 34.25 x 19.5 cm
- Size in inches: 13.48 x 7.68 inches
Kronosaurus was first named in 1924 by H. Longman, who described a large jaw fragment discovered in Queensland, Australia. Longman was inspired to name this mysterious giant predator after the titan Kronos who, according to Greek mythology, devoured his own children. The species name K. queenslandicus refers to the place where the jaw was found.
Kronosaurus is one of the most famous pliosaurs due to its large size and ferocious appearance. It moved its massive, wing-like flippers up and down to fly through the water like a giant penguin, and used its large head full of pointed conical teeth to catch prey. It inhabited the shallow seas of the southern hemisphere during the early Cretaceous, about 120 million years ago.
There are two species of Kronosaurus , K. queenslandicus from Australia and K. boyacensis from South America.
- Scientific Name: Kronosaurus queenslandicus
- Characteristics: The meat-eating Kronosaurus had a huge head with rows of conical, pointed teeth in its long jaws. It had a short neck, a robust body, and two pairs of large, wing-like flippers that it used to propel itself through the water. This marine reptile grew up to 33 ft long.
- Size and Color: This large model is 13.5 inches long and 7.75 inches wide. It is counter shaded with a dappled dark blue pattern on top and cream below. This color scheme helps it to blend into the ocean.
- The Kronosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh