Safari Ltd Lorikeet
Also known as lories, lorikeets are an extremely colorful bird found throughout Australia, Papua New Guinea, and southern Asia. Despite their stunning plumage, the most unique thing about lorikeets is their unique brush-tipped tongue, which allows them to drink nectar.
- Scientific Name:Tribe Loriini
- Characteristics: Lorikeets are loved amongst bird owners due to their extremely docile and affectionate personalities, as well as their intelligence and ability to speak. Add this beautifully hand painted feathered friend to your flock today!
- Size and Color: There are over sixty known species of lorikeets, and almost all of them are extremely vibrant and colorful. This lorikeet figurine features a coloration of royal blue, lime green, crimson, and sunny yellow, and measures 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches tall, about the size of a credit card stood upright.
- The Lorikeet is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Although the terms lorikeet and lory tend to be subjective, the most common distinction between the two is that lorikeets have longer tails, whereas lories have shorter, more blunt tails. While you might think that their plumage causes them to stand out and be more susceptible to predators, it actually allows them to more effectively blend in with the canopy. Take home this amazing avian figurine today, or pick it up as a thoughtful gift for a bird lover you know!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.25 L x
- Size in inches: 2.46 L x
- UPC: 095866000448
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh