Safari Ltd Maine Lobster
Also referred to as the Canadian lobster, true lobster, northern lobster, and the American lobster, the Maine lobster is very large lobster species that can weigh up to 45 pounds. It is the heaviest crustacean and arthropod living today.
- Scientific Name: Homarus americanus
- Characteristics: Like all Safari models, this figurine was hand painted and professionally crafted with scientific accuracy in mind. For example, on this statuette you can identify the round claw which is used for crushing prey, as well as the thin claw with sharp spines that allows the lobster to hold onto its prey.
- Size and Color: 8 inches long and 5 inches wide, this Maine lobster model is about as wide as a dollar bill and as long as a legal sized piece of paper. Despite popular belief, Maine lobsters are not bright red; instead, they are mostly dark blue with red accents, and can even be entirely bright blue or yellow.
- The Maine Lobster is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Maine lobster can be found along much of the Atlantic coast of North America, ranging between North Carolina and the Canadian province Labrador. They are classified as a species of least concern by the IUCN and are fished regularly. However, since their population numbers tend to decline at the southern portion of their range, regulations and restrictions have been implemented to ensure they aren’t overfished in those areas.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 20.5 L x 12.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 8.07 L x 4.92 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866281601
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh