Safari Ltd Mako Shark
Makos may not be the biggest species of shark, rarely growing beyond 10 feet, but they are the quickest! Makos are the fastest known species of shark, able to cruise at speeds of around 25 mph (40 km/h), with bursts over 45 mph (72 km/h)!
- Scientific Name: Isurus oxyrinchus
- Characteristics: Despite their small size compared to many other shark species, makos are still an exceptionally gifted predator! Crafted and hand-painted by professionals, Safari wildlife figurines give unprecedented insight into the natural world of amazing animals with exceptional quality and realism.
- Size and Color: Like many shark species, the mako shark has a light blue top and white underside, both of which help it simultaneously blend in with the ocean floor and the water’s sunny surface. About the size of a soda can on its side, this figurine rests 5.75 inches long and 2.25 inches wide.
- This Mako Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Not only are makos the fastest shark species, but researchers believe they may be the smartest. Mako sharks have one of the largest brain to body ratios of all shark species, prompting researches to attempt to quantify their level of intelligence. Scientists discovered that makos were relatively fast learners, and able to quickly determine threats from non-threats. Sadly, the mako is currently classified as vulnerable and its population numbers have decreased in the last 10 years.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 5.5 W x
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 2.17 W x
- UPC: 095866000820
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh