Safari Ltd Manatee
Sometimes colloquially known as sea cows, manatees are large marine mammals that can be found in shallow coastal areas and rivers of the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, the Amazon Basin, and West Africa. Their nickname is apt, as they both herbivorous and incredibly docile.
- Scientific Name: Genus Trichechus
- Characteristics: Manatees are completely aquatic mammals, meaning they must surface for air since they spend their entire lives in the water. Learn more interesting facts with our immaculately sculpted manatee figurine!
- Size and Color: 6 inches long and 2 inches tall, this statuette is a touch larger than a soda can resting on its sides. All manatees are slate gray, and sometimes have white or black speckles throughout their body.
- The Manatee is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Sadly, all three species of manatee are listed on the IUCN red list as either vulnerable or endangered. The primary cause of the population decline for manatees is habitat destruction. They also collide with propeller-driven boats, and ingest fishing gear such as hooks, metal weights, and so on. The American manatee population is considered to be stable, but the Amazonian and Caribbean populations are declining.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 15 L x 4.8 W x 5.2 H
- Size in inches: 5.91 L x 1.89 W x 2.05 H
- UPC: 095866273903
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh