Safari Ltd Mandrill
The odd-looking Mandrill is found in tropical African rainforests. The vibrant coloration on its hairless face is to help males attract females. Larger Mandrills with brighter coloration will be the most dominant in the horde (the term for a large group of Mandrills).
- Scientific Name: Mandrillus sphinx
- Characteristics: This male Mandrill figure is posed in a mid-walking stance. Its bright colors are on full display and its features – from its distinctive facial ridges to its fur coat, are reproduced in exacting detail.
- Size and Color: This hand-painted Mandrill figure features a mainly brown coat of fur, with accents of dark brown, light brown, white, and yellow ochre. The hairless areas are painted in reds and blues. The Mandrill is about 3 ¾ inches long and just under 3 inches tall, a little bit bigger than a standard paper sticky note.
- The Mandrill is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Mandrills are the heaviest monkey species, with large examples weighing over 100 lbs. They live in very large groups (called hordes) in the rainforests of Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Congo. They are considered “Vulnerable” by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), and are threatened by habitat destruction and deforestation, as well as being hunted for their meat.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 9.5 L x 3.5 W x 7.5 H
- Size in inches: 3.74 L x 1.38 W x 2.95 H
- UPC: 095866003180
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh