Safari Ltd Meerkat
Peeking its head out its den to gaze across the south African desert! Despite its name, the meerkat is not closely related to any feline species, and is instead a member of the mongoose family. The meerkat is classified as a carnivore, but primarily eats insects.
- Safari Ltd Model 224529
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.25 x 2.75 x 8.25 cm
- Size in inches: 2.46 x 1.08 x 3.25 inches
In spite of their relatively small range, meerkats are not a threatened species and are instead classified as an animal of least concern. To keep an eye out for natural predators, meerkats often stand sentry outside of their burrows. If a predator is spotted, they alert the others and retreats into their dens until the predator has gone. Place this meerkat figurine on your desk or nightstand so it keeps an eye out for you!
- Scientific Name: Suricata suricatta
- Characteristics: Known to live in groups, also called “mobs,” of up to 50 individuals, this long meerkat is looking to join your family! Designed and painted by hand to capture the bold and inquisitive nature of the meerkat, this figurine is perked up and trying to get a better look at you!
- Size and Color: The fur of a meerkat is often a combination of gray, tan, and brown, with short black stripes across the back. 3.25 inches tall and 2.5 inches long, this figurine is a bit bigger than a deck of cards stood upright.
- The Meerkat is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh