Safari Ltd Merhorse
Found in very deep waters throughout the southern hemisphere, the Megamouth shark is one of three living species of planktivorous sharks. Like the whale shake and the basking shark, the megamouth shark feeds by filtering plankton through its large, gaping mouth.
- Scientific Name: Megachasma pelagios
- Characteristics: Researchers actually believe there are two species of megamouth shark that exist, although there has yet to be any definitive proof. With careful study of our realistically detailed model, maybe you can be the one to crack the case!
- Size and Color: 6.75 inches long and 3 inches wide, this figurine is a bit larger than a soda can resting on its side. The megamouth shark is a uniform gray color with a somewhat lighter shaded belly.
- The Megamouth Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The megamouth shark is classified as a species of least concern on the IUCN red list. Despite this, sightings of them are incredibly rare due to the depths that they inhabit. In fact, the species wasn’t even discovered until 1976! They can grow to lengths of over 20 feet, but they are incredibly slow and poor swimmers. However, because they spend most of their day coasting around and feeding on plankton, maneuverability is not a necessity for them.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17.25 L x 7.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 6.79 L x 2.95 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866000646
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh