Safari Ltd Mermaid
Human-animal hybrids abound in mythology, but the Mermaid is one of the best known and surely the most beloved. Although mermaid tales have been told by sailors of all cultures for thousands of years, the creature pictured here represents a more recent interpretation.
- Scientific Name: Syreni
- Characteristics: Perhaps this figure is perched on an atoll amid a deep blue sea, awaiting a passing ship. Her angelic face and wild hair are sure to attract the attention of lonely sailors.
- Size and Color: This eye-catching mermaid figure contrasts aqua blue with gold decorations and whitish-pink seashells. With her fish tail wrapped around behind her, the mermaid is 3 ¾ inches tall, a little taller than a deck of cards.
- The Mermaid is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Part fish, part female, a mermaid might be a cautious beauty or it might be a sinister trap. Seafarers through the ages have told of maidens with fish tails who called to ships from the deep, luring them toward love or loss. Some were evil, drawing ships towards rocks and whirlpools. Some were foolish, carrying sailors to the depths of the ocean but forgetting the men couldn’t breathe underwater. Some were kind, falling in love, however hopeless, with their rescuers.
The young mermaid swam lazily in the warm sea, keeping pace with some dolphins. The sun neared the horizon, the time of day she’d been warned of, when ships with the sun behind them could make out her figure more clearly. Secretly, it’s what she hoped for. She wanted to see those strange creatures who walked on land but couldn’t last a few minutes underwater. Suddenly, a ship appeared, sails billowing. It was huge, and closing quickly. She swam in place, hoping to catch a closer look at those on board. She heard shouting, an alarm, and suddenly two of the creatures dove into the water and began swimming toward her. She smiled. Did they think she needed to be rescued? Did they hope to catch her? No matter. She waited until they were just a few strokes away, and then the mermaid smiled, flicked her tail, and dove to the depths.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.9 L x 7.5 W x 10 H
- Size in inches: 3.11 L x 2.95 W x 3.94 H
- UPC: 095866800901
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh