Safari Ltd Mockingbird
Consisting of about fifteen different species, the mockingbird is a type of passerine bird best known for their ability to mimic sounds and other animals. Mockingbird most commonly imitate other birds, but have been known to mimic insects, amphibians, and even humans.
- Scientific Name: Family Mimidae
- Characteristics: Individually hand painted and crafted by specialists, all Safari figurines capture the true-to-life details unique to each animal. With a penchant for perfectly imitating different sounds, there’s nowhere you can display this mockingbird where it won’t steal the spotlight!
- Size and Color: Depending on the type of species, mockingbirds can be many different colors, although they are primarily gray or brown with patches of black and white. Standing 1.5 inches tall, and 2.75 inches long, this model is about the size of a credit card stood on its side.
- The Mockingbird is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Mockingbirds were a very important component of Charles Darwin’s research when he solidified his theory of the transmutation of species. Darwin noticed that the mockingbird species Mimus thenca (the Chilean mockingbird) was different on each Galapagos island. In fact, it was ultimately the mockingbird that convinced Darwin he was correct about his theory of evolution.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.5 L x 2 W x 4 H
- Size in inches: 2.76 L x
- UPC: 095866000455
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh