Safari Ltd Moon Bear
Also known as the Asian black bear and the white-chested bear, the moon bear is a fairly small bear found throughout Asia that has adapted to living in trees. Unlike many other bear species, their body shape is more akin to prehistoric bears than it is to modern ones.
- Scientific Name: Ursus thibetanus
- Characteristics:Although moon bears avoid confrontation with humans, like most animals, they can still be very dangerous and are best studied with our figurines rather than up close! Individually painted and hand crafted by professionals, our wildlife figurines allow you to experience all of the amazing creatures of the world in the palm of your hand.
- Size and Color: Like this figurine, moon bears are predominantly black with a light brown muzzle and have a distinct patch on their chest and chin. Measuring 4.5 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, our moon bear model is an inch longer than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- This Moon Bear is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although moon bears are classified as omnivores, they are predominantly more carnivorous than most other bear species. They primarily feed on things like larvae, termites, grubs, and bees, but have been known to also eat nuts, mushrooms, grasses, fruits, and seeds. Because they produce something called bear bile, which is sought after in many different Asian cultures, moon bears have been severely over hunted and are now classified as vulnerable on the conservation stats spectrum.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.25 L x 6 H
- Size in inches: 4.43 L x 2.36 H
- UPC: 095866001803
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh