Safari Ltd Moray Eel
Here’s a cool fact: moray eels actually have two sets of jaws. The first is the primary set located in their skull, and the second is what’s known as a pharyngeal jaw that rests farther back in their throat. They use their second set of jaws to latch onto prey and pull it down their throat!
- Scientific Name: Family Muraenidae
- Characteristics: Moray eels vary greatly in size; the Snyder’s moray is only about 5 inches long, whereas the slender giant moray can exceed 13 feet in length. Can you tell what kind of species this hand painted figurine is by examining its size and physical characteristics?
- Size and Color: Measuring 9 inches long and 4 inches wide, this figurine is a touch longer and wider than a 16 oz. water bottle resting on its side. While this moray eel is lime green, they can come in many different colors depending on the species.
- The Moray Eel is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Contrary to popular belief, moray eels are not particularly aggressive or ill-tempered. In fact, they’re fairly reclusive and choose to avoid humans unless an encounter is unavoidable. Most commonly, moray eel attacks usually result from a disruption of their burrow or alcove. They can be found in both tropical and temperate seas, and some species even inhabit brackish and fresh water.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 23 L x 10 W x H
- Size in inches: 9.06 L x 3.94 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866261504
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh