Safari Ltd Mustang Mare
Mustang comes from the Spanish word mustengo, meaning ownerless beast. Indeed, mustangs are wild, or feral, horses that escaped or were abandoned centuries ago by Spanish explorers of the New World. They are a medium-size breed known for speed and stamina.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This mustang mare swishes its long tail and looks placidly across the grasslands of its home in the American west. Its slightly unkempt style is typical of wild horses, symbols of freedom.
- Size and Color: This 4 ¾ inch Mustang Mare is a buckskin color, which refers to tan or yellow horses with black mane, tail, and lower legs.
- The Morgan Mare is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Most think of the history of horses in North America beginning with Spanish explorers, who brought horses across the ocean and left some behind. Many of these horses roamed free, while others were captured and used by Native Americans. However, the fossil record shows that for horses, the trip to the New World was a homecoming, not a voyage of discovery. Horses actually originated in North America around 4 million years ago. Using the land bridge between Asia and North America, some horses migrated to Europe, perhaps passing wooly mammoths plodding the other way, about 2-3 million years ago. Horses then died out in North America at the end of the Pleistocene, about 11,000 years ago. Fortunately, by that time, their journeying brethren that crossed the land bridge had spread throughout Europe and Asia. The next several thousand years saw humans domesticating these wild horses, until finally, in the 15th and 16th centuries, they were brought back to North America on Spanish ships. Home, sweet home.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12 W x 10.25 H
- Size in inches: 4.72 W x 4.04 H
- UPC: 609366151601
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh