Safari Ltd Nurse Shark
Bottom-feeding Nurse Sharks have a very limited range, swimming the warm coastal waters off West Africa and South and Central America. The 9-foot sharks are abundant within their range, however, and they happily feed on squid, shrimp, and fish.
- Scientific Name: Ginglymostoma cirratum
- Characteristics: This sleek Nurse Shark figure details several characteristics unique to the species, including the dual dorsal fins with their clipped shape, the sucker-shaped mouth, and the catfish-like barbels.
- Size and Color: A sandy-brown color gives this 5 ½ inch long shark figure a realistic color, allowing it to blend with the sea bottom. It’s about the length of a soda can.
- The Nurse Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
A Nurse Shark’s scientific name might be difficult to pronounce, but it’s perfect for the bottom-dwelling shark. The name means curled, hinged mouth, which describes the creature’s perfectly adapted mouth. The origin of its common name is a matter for debate, with historians, linguists, and scientists all presenting competing theories. Because they eat a wide variety of prey and have adapted to a range of coastal settings, Nurse Sharks don’t face a great deal of population pressure and have no troubling conservation status. As with many sharks, modern studies are trying to determine the effect they have on local ecosystems as apex predators.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14 L x 2.25 W x H
- Size in inches: 5.51 L x 0.89 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866200602
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh