Safari Ltd Ocean Whitetip Shark
The Oceanic Whitetip Shark is a large shark found worldwide in the pelagic regions of the sea – meaning the upper areas of the open ocean. This predator is named for the white splotches found on the tips of its rounded fins.
- Scientific Name: Carcharhinus longimanus
- Characteristics: This thick-bodied shark features a wide, blunt snout and long, rounded pectoral and dorsal fins. The shark’s streamlined body is designed to help it navigate its open ocean habitat in search of prey.
- Size and Color: This figure measures 6 inches long from its snout to the tip of its tail, and is 2 inches tall at the top of its dorsal fin. This hand-painted, accurately detailed figure features gray brown coloration above with irregular dark spots, fading to white on its underside. Its fins are tipped with mottled white splotches.
- The Oceanic Whitetip Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Not to be confused with its cousin, the Whitetip Reef Shark, the Oceanic Whitetip is one of the most voracious predators in the sea. Growing to around ten feet long, these fish prowl the open ocean in search of things to eat…and they’ll eat just about anything, including fish, squid, sea turtles, sea birds, and crustaceans. While the Whitetip Reef Shark is a small, bottom-dwelling fish that can rest motionless on the sea floor, the Oceanic Whitetip must continue swimming to force water through its gills to continue breathing.
The Oceanic Whitetip is considered a “Vulnerable” species, and its population has declined sharply in recent years. In some parts of the world it is considered “Critically Endangered”.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 15.3 L x 8.5 W x 4.7 H
- Size in inches: 6.02 L x 3.35 W x 1.85 H
- UPC: 095866003166
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh