Safari Ltd Orangutan Baby
Did you know that unlike other primates, orangutans spend most of their time in trees. In the wild, this baby would rely on his or her mother for everything, from food and protection to transportation through the canopy. Give this little one a good home to grow up in!
- Scientific Name: Pongo pygmaeus
- Characteristics: Individually hand painted and molded for stunning realism, our nature figurines make excellent additions to collector’s assemblies, nature dioramas, classroom, and much more. Known in many cases to be gentle, social, and friendly, this outgoing orangutan baby is coming over to say hello!
- Size and Color: 2.35 inches long, 1.95 inches wide and 2.25 inches tall, this figurine is roughly the size of the length of a lip balm stick in both height and length, and is as wide as the length of a deck of cards. Unlike chimpanzees and gorillas which have dark black hair, baby orangutan’s hair is reddish-brown while their faces are a soft gray and tan color.
- The Orangutan Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Studied for their incredible intelligence, orangutans, infants included, have showed an ability to master tools, puzzles, and even communication through a basic form of sign language. Unfortunately, all species of orangutan are endangered, with some species classified as critically endangered. Their dwindling population is mainly due to a loss of their natural habitat through deforestation. This little primate pal has lost its mother, and would pair perfectly with one of our adult orangutan models!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6 L x 5 W x 5.8 H
- Size in inches: 2.36 L x 1.97 W x 2.28 H
- UPC: 095866293604
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh