Safari Ltd Palomino Mustang Stallion
Palomino refers to a size and color of horse, specifically a gold-colored animal standing 14 to 17 hands high. A hand is a measurement equaling four inches, and hands are measured from the ground to the withers, which is the base of a horse’s neck.
- Safari Ltd Model 152305
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.5 x 10.25 cm
- Size in inches: 5.71 x 4.04 inches
Mustangs refer to the wild horses of the west, those left behind by Spanish explorers hundreds of years ago. Some were tamed by Native Americans; others run free in large herds. Palomino is a specific coloration, a golden hide with white mane and tail. Because of this unique, desirable color, palominos have a long, storied history. The Greeks told of golden horses in their myths while ancient emperors and kings prized the beautiful animals for the obvious symbolism. Queen Isabella of Spain was especially fond of palominos, keeping hundreds in her stables and even sending a shipment of the horses to stock the new world. These horses, of course, spread through the new land, and Palominos are still present among the mustang herds that roam the grasslands of the American west.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This palomino mustang stallion exhibits features standard to both types. It has the pure golden color desired in palominos, along with the wild look associated with mustangs.
- Size and Color: The Palomino Horse Breeders Association requires member animals to exhibit body color like a newly minted gold coin, and this figure does exactly that. At 5 ¾ inches long, it’s about the length of an e-reader.
- The Palomino Mustang Stallion is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh